DvRepublic.com Terms and Conditions of Use
Thank you for visiting our Web site. This site is owned and operated by the Black Filmmaker Foundation, a non-profit organization. By using any of our services provided herein, you are agreeing to comply with and be bound by the terms, conditions and notices relating to its use.
PLEASE READ THE ENTIRE TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF USE CAREFULLY BEFORE YOU USE THE SITE. IF YOU DO NOT AGREE TO ALL THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS AGREEMENT, YOU MAY NOT USE THE SITE. BY USING THE SITE, YOU ARE DEEMED TO HAVE ACCEPTED THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS.
TO USE THIS SITE, YOU MUST BE AT LEAST 14 YEARS OLD.
2. As a condition of your use of this Web site and the interactive services contained therein, you represent and warrant to dvRepublic.com that you will not use this Web site for any purpose that is unlawful or prohibited by these terms, conditions, and notices.
3. This Web site contains one or more of the following interactive services: bulletin boards, news groups, forums, communities and/or other message or communication facilities. You agree to use such services only to send and receive messages and material that are proper and related to the particular service, area, group, forum, community or other message or communication facility. In addition to any other terms or conditions of use of any bulletin board services, news groups, forums, communities and/or other message or communication facilities, you agree that when using one, you will not:
5. You acknowledge that communications to or with bulletin board services, news groups, forums, communities and/or other message or communication facilities are not private communications, therefore others may read your communications without your knowledge. You should always use caution when providing any personal information about yourself or your children. We do not control or endorse the content, messages or information found in any bulletin board services, news groups, forums, communities and/or other message or communication facilities and, specifically disclaims any liability with regard to same and any actions resulting from your participation.
6. If you send any communications or materials to the Web site by electronic mail, postings to discussion forums or otherwise, including any comments, data, questions, suggestions or the like, all such communications are, and will be treated as, non-confidential and non-proprietary. Thus, you give up any claim that any use of such material violates any of your rights including moral rights, privacy rights, proprietary or other property rights, publicity rights, rights to credit for material or ideas, or any other right, including the right to approve the way we use such material. Any material submitted to this Web site may be adapted, broadcast, changed, copied, disclosed, licensed, performed, posted, published, sold, transmitted or used by us anywhere in the world, in any medium, forever. We may also remove any submissions in our sole discretion or in response to a complaint. Furthermore, we are free to use, without any compensation to you, any concepts, ideas, know-how or techniques contained in any communication you send to the Web site for any purpose whatsoever, including but not limited to developing, manufacturing and marketing products using such information. However, you understand and agree that we are not obligated to use any such ideas or materials and you have no rights to compel such use.
7. In consideration of your use of the Web site, you agree to: (a) provide true, accurate, current and complete information about yourself as prompted by the form for your account information and (b) maintain and promptly update the account information to keep it true, accurate, current and complete. If you provide any information that is untrue, inaccurate, not current or incomplete, or we have reasonable grounds to suspect that such information is untrue, inaccurate, not current or incomplete, we have the right to suspend or terminate your account and refuse any and all current or future use of the Web site.
8. The information, products, and services included on this Web site may include inaccuracies or typographical errors. Changes are periodically added to the information herein. dvRepublic.com may make improvements and/or changes in this Web site at any time.
9. Advice received via this Web site should not be relied upon for personal, legal or financial decisions and you should consult an appropriate professional for specific advice tailored to your situation.
10. Our site contains links to other Web sites. We are not responsible for the content of these sites. Links from this site to any other site do not mean that we approve of, endorse or recommend that site, other than the sites of affiliates. We disclaim all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, legality, reliability or validity of any content on any other site. You hereby waive any claim you might have against us with respect to such other sites.
11. DISCLAIMERS. YOU EXPRESSLY UNDERSTAND AND AGREE THAT:
IN NO EVENT SHALL DVREPUBLIC.COM BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, PUNITIVE, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OR ANY DAMAGES WHATSOEVER INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, DAMAGES FOR LOSS OF USE, DATA OR PROFITS, ARISING OUT OF OR IN ANY WAY CONNECTED WITH THE USE OR PERFORMANCE OF THIS WEB SITE, WITH THE DELAY OR INABILITY TO USE THIS WEB SITE, WITH THE PROVISION OF OR FAILURE TO PROVIDE SERVICES, OR FOR ANY INFORMATION, SOFTWARE, PRODUCTS, SERVICES AND RELATED GRAPHICS OBTAINED THROUGH THIS WEB SITE, OR OTHERWISE ARISING OUT OF THE USE OF THIS WEB SITE, WHETHER BASED ON CONTRACT, TORT, STRICT LIABILITY OR OTHERWISE, EVEN IF WE HAVE BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF DAMAGES.
DUE TO THE FACT THAT CERTAIN JURISDICTIONS DO NOT PERMIT OR RECOGNIZE AN EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF LIABILITY FOR CONSEQUENTIAL OR INCIDENTAL DAMAGES, THE ABOVE LIMITATION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
13. WAIVER OF JURY TRIAL. THE PARTIES HEREBY IRREVOCABLY WAIVE ANY AND ALL RIGHT TO TRIAL BY JURY IN ANY LEGAL PROCEEDING ARISING OUT OF OR RELATING TO THIS AGREEMENT OR THE TRANSACTIONS CONTEMPLATED HEREBY.
14. You agree to indemnify and hold us, and our subsidiaries, affiliates, officers, agents, co-branders or other partners, and employees, harmless from any claim or demand, including reasonable attorney's fees, made by any third party due to or arising out of Content you submit, post to or transmit through the Web site, your use of the Web site, your connection to the Web site, your violation of the terms of service, or your violation of any rights of another.
15. This agreement is governed by the laws of the State of New York, U.S.A., without regard to any principles of conflicts of law. You hereby consent to the exclusive jurisdiction and venue of courts in New York County, New York, U.S.A. in all disputes arising out of or relating to the use of this Web site. Use of this Web site is unauthorized in any jurisdiction that does not give effect to all provisions of these terms and conditions, including without limitation this paragraph.
16. We make no representation that materials on this Site are appropriate or available for use in locations outside the United States, and accessing them from territories where their contents are illegal is prohibited. Those who choose to access this site from other locations do so on their own initiative and are responsible for compliance with local laws.
17. We reserve the right in our sole discretion to deny any user access to this Web site, any interactive service herein, or any portion of this Web site without notice.
18. We reserve the right to change the terms, conditions, and notices under which this Web site is offered. BY USING THIS SITE AFTER WE POST ANY CHANGES TO THIS POLICY, YOU THEREBY AGREE TO ACCEPT THOSE CHANGES.
19. You agree that no joint venture, partnership, employment, franchise or agency relationship exists between you and dvRepublic.com as a result of this agreement or use of this Web site.
20. The performance of this agreement by us is subject to existing laws and legal process, and nothing contained in this agreement is in derogation of our right to comply with governmental, court and law enforcement requests or requirements relating to your use of this Web site or information provided to or gathered with respect to such use. If any part of this agreement is determined to be invalid or unenforceable pursuant to applicable law including, but not limited to, the warranty disclaimers and liability limitations set forth above, then the invalid or unenforceable provision will be deemed superseded by a valid, enforceable provision that most closely matches the intent of the original provision and the remainder of the agreement shall continue in effect.
21. This agreement constitutes the entire agreement between the user and dvRepublic.com with respect to this Web site and it supersedes all prior or contemporaneous communications and proposals, whether electronic, oral or written with respect to this Web site. A printed version of this agreement and of any notice given in electronic form shall be admissible in judicial or administrative proceedings based upon or relating to this agreement to the same extent and subject to the same conditions as other business documents and records originally generated and maintained in printed form. Fictitious names of companies, products, people, characters and/or data mentioned herein are not intended to represent any real individual, company, product or event. Any rights not expressly granted herein are reserved.
22. We respect the intellectual property of others, and we ask our users to do the same. If you believe that your work has been copied and is accessible on the Site in a way that constitutes copyright infringement, you may notify us by providing our copyright agent the following information:
Black Filmmaker Foundation
670 Broadway, Suite 300
New York, NY 10012
Telephone number: (212) 253-1690
We reserve all rights not expressly granted herein.
Any inquiries concerning these terms and conditions of use should be directed to email@example.com.
Copyright © Black Filmmaker Foundation